Winter Wonderland in London’s Hyde Park is the perfect place to get into the Christmas spirit.
One of the best things to do in London during the Christmas season is to attend this enjoyable family event. There’s enough festive fun to keep you busy all day and night long, with everything from ice skating and circus shows to a Christmas market and live music.
Take a look at the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park to get a sense of what to expect. Also, learn how to get the most out of your next trip to London’s Winter Wonderland with these insider tips.
Is it possible that Winter Wonderland will be open in time for Christmas in 2021?
The Christmas season is once again upon us! Winter Wonderland will be back in London from the 19th of November to the 3rd of January in 2022, so get in the holiday spirit.
In Winter Wonderland, what are the most popular attractions and activities?
At Winter Wonderland, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- The Winter Wonderland ice rink in the UK is the largest outdoor rink, where you may skate while listening to live music.
- Attend a circus show and be amazed by the acrobatic feats performed.
- Take a ride on the world-famous Giant Observation Wheel to take in the city lights of London as you soar through the air.
- Try your luck on a conventional carousel or the nine various rollercoasters that can be found at the fairground.
- The Ice Sculpting workshops will allow you to create your own unique ice sculpture.
- Ascend to the realm of magic and sorcery in the Magical Ice Kingdom.
- The Christmas marketplaces of Winter Wonderland
- Check out one of London’s largest Christmas markets, the Traditional Christmas Market, which features quaint, decorated chalets filled with holiday gifts. Look for one-of-a-kind and quirky presents, crafts, trinkets, jewellery, and home decor.
What are the greatest Winter Wonderland activities for families to enjoy?
These fun family activities are part of a Winter Wonderland package:
Taking little children on traditional carnival attractions like the carousel and helter-skelter or giving older youngsters a thrill on the Winter Wonderland rollercoasters.
Daytime performances such as Zippos Christmas Circus and Cirque Beserk had me spellbound.
Walking through a Winter Wonderland Located in Santa Land, Santa’s Grotto is a great place for children to meet Santa and receive a small gift if they have been good.
Little ones will love the Ice Slide, which is 45 metres long (148 feet) long!
In the Winter Wonderland, where can you dine and drink?
Visit one of the numerous restaurants, pubs, or food stalls in Winter Wonderland to warm yourself with a cup of hot chocolate or mulled wine.
In the Bavarian Village, feast on traditional German delicacies like bratwurst and glühwein.
Bar Ice, where the bar, tables, and even glasses are made of ice, is the perfect place to unwind with a cocktail. It’s imperative that you make your reservation well in advance.
Warm up in front of a roaring fire while listening to inspiring live music at the Fire Pit bar.
At the Carousel Bar, take a ride on the carousel and relax with a festive drink while doing so.
Thor’s Tipi offers specialty ales, hot chocolate, and comfort food in gigantic tipis. Snuggle up in front of a warm fire with a blanket and a book to keep warm in the winter.
Tickets for Winter Wonderland
While entry to Winter Wonderland is free during non-peak hours with a pre-booked reservation, during peak hours and for some activities, a ticket is required. The entry fee is waived if you spend an additional £20 on paid attractions, rides, or games in addition to your admission ticket.
The following are some of the most expensive extras:
- A game of ice hockey
- Big Wheel of Observation
- Ice Kingdom, the Mystical
- Spectaculars like as those presented by
- Drinking Ice from a Container
- Workshops for ice sculpture
- Rides and games at a fairground
Winter Wonderland 2021/22: What to expect and how to prepare
To get the most out of Winter Wonderland, follow these suggestions:
Purchase tickets ahead of time: Tickets are required for entry this year’s event.
Decide on the greatest moment: Pick a time window that works for you when you make your reservation. Off-peak admittance is free; standard entry is $5; and peak-time access is $7.50 per adult.
Ensure you’re well clothed because, as an outdoor attraction, it can get rather chilly at times. If you’re heading to Bar Ice, the Magical Ice Kingdom, or going ice skating, be sure to dress warmly with caps, gloves, and scarves.
Be on the lookout for famous faces: From the Duchess of Cambridge and Prince George to Tom Cruise and Naomi Campbell, many celebrities and VIPs have visited Winter Wonderland throughout the years.
Seasonal Wonderland Hours of Operation
Except on Christmas Day, London’s Winter Wonderland is open daily from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Winter Wonderland: Where and how to get there
Hyde Park is home to the Winter Wonderland theme park. Marble Arch, Hyde Park Corner, and Knightsbridge are the closest tube stations.